15 June 2010

run forrest fun

Summer has officially arrived a few weeks early as it is supposed to hit 100 degrees each afternoon here this week. That level of extreme heat, compliments of the heat index, perfectly explains why I was drained of every drop of water when I went on my early evening jog around the block.

Yes, you read that correctly; I used the word jog in the same sentence as myself. Since living down here, I have been fascinated with running as so many people do that here, especially with the lake and all. I have tried to get a routine going in the past but trying to coordinate running buddy schedules proved problematic, so earlier this year I decided to do it on my own. I have been making little strides, slowly and steadily increasing my endurance; but most importantly I am actually establishing a semblance of regularity to my exercise schedule. Quite frankly, I am loving being in a routine again.

In other facets of my universe, I had a lovely chat with Super Dad last night. But the distance coupled without seeing each other is starting to grate on me a bit. Especially since we do not possess concrete plans on when we will see each other next. I remind myself there is a lot of upheaval at the moment, so I have to employ patience.

No comments: