1. Go to Wikipedia and type in your birthday (month and day only): November 8
2. List events that occurred on that day of interest to you:
- 1519 - Hernán Cortés enters Tenochtitlán and Aztec ruler Moctezuma welcomes him with great pomp as would befit a returning god.
- 1793 - In Paris, the French Revolutionary government opens the Louvre to the public as a museum.
- 1864 - U.S. presidential election, 1864: Abraham Lincoln is reelected in an overwhelming victory over George McClellan.
1889 - Montana is admitted as the 41st U.S. state.
- 1917 - People's Commissars gives authority to Lenin, Trotsky and Stalin
1923 - Beer Hall Putsch: In Munich, Adolf Hitler leads the Nazis in an unsuccessful attempt to overthrow the German government.
- 1989 - Hong Kong's MTR Lam Tin Station came into service.
- 1656 (N.S.) - Edmond Halley, British astronomer and mathematician (d. 1742)
- 1836 - Milton Bradley, American game manufacturer (d. 1911)
- 1847 - Bram Stoker, Irish novelist (d. 1912)
- 1900 - Margaret Mitchell, American author (d. 1949)
- 1961 - Leif Garrett, American singer
- 1966 - Gordon Ramsay, British chef
- 1968 - Parker Posey, American actress
- 1975 - Tara Reid, American actress
- 1985 - Jack Osbourne, American television star
- 1978 - Norman Rockwell, American illustrator (b. 1894)
- Saint Michael's Day in Greece and Cyprus and to those of Greek Orthodox faith worldwide
- Saint Demetrius Day (Mitrovdan) in Bosnia and Herzegovina