16 September 2006

Pearl Madness

The other night when I was out of town for work, I went over to my friend's to check out the pearls from China. Fantastic pearls, great deals! I was so excited to have purchased my first pearls. Actually two strands. Woo Hoo!

The Munchkin was there as the Pearl Dealer is her buddy. Munchkin was explaining to Pearl that we'd known each other forever. I recounted that I had first met Munchkin when she was a freshman in high school and she was a little snot stating "You are old enough to be my mom's child!" Her mother and I were coworkers at the time. However, the Muchkin's relationship with me grew close over the years. Munchkin was in my wedding.

So Munchkin tells Pearl that "basically, she is our big sister." The power of those words did not hit me at the time. I have always craved a sister. I never realized that I had two people who considered me their big sister in the Lone Star state. I do have sisters. I have to nurture and encourage that relationship because I need that now more than ever. Even though I do not have a biological sister, I have two sisters that are even better because we have chosen to be sisters.

No comments: