17 January 2008

you've come a long way, baby

The following is an e-mail from the past, composed on Tuesday, January 16, 2007, and sent via FutureMe.org - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Dear FutureMe,

I truly hope this finds you a million times happier than today.

What I'd like to hear this time next year is that you are traveling globally for work - having adventures, making some serious cash, and loving life more than ever. The dogs are happy and healthy. Your broken heart has mended and the name Montana Man doesn't bring disappointment - you have learned the lessons you were supposed to from him and accept it with gratitude. The rut you are in right now (2007) is over - work brings you happiness and you bring yourself happiness. You have forged new friendship and have fully embraced the fearless life that I have begun now. Sure there have been failures along the way but you are really coming into your own - confident of where you have been, where you are going and who you are. Hopefully kissed a few cute frogs along the way.

From Jan 16 2006 to Jan 16 2007, so much changed for you. It truly is amazing what a difference a year makes. And I cannot wait until Jan 16 2008 to see how much further I have come in my journey.

Lately I have been reading books and knitting. I have suffered heartbreak at the fact I have to sell the Mercedes - but I truly believe when I read this next year, I will be happy to be Merc free. I hope I am more in tuned spiritually. That my special church is a place I still continue to find refuge in when I need it. That my beloved aunt continues to visit me.

I am happy to be who I am right now but truly look forward the progress I will make in the year to come. To be one step closer to my true self.

So much to look forward to hearing about next year when this arrives. Make me proud Pats - live fearlessly. be brave and I look forward to seeing you this time next year.

************************

I was perusing my mail this morning and saw this had arrived - how apropos for my 200th post.

When I read it, I was immediately struck by how much I had truly achieved the progress I set out for myself. Between the Merc, friends, happiness, loving life, embracing adventure again, I am beyond pleased.

Funny how even though things may not take the form you wish or pursue, the goodness you are seeking does happen. Case in point - traveling globally - never landed that gig; however, this SxSW adventure landed in my lap and I have found more happiness in the good old U.S. of A than I ever imagined. I have found peace and found my home down here in SxSWland and that is an absolutely indescribable feeling. To have that level of "knowing" coursing through my being is freedom.

I am definitely writing up another one of these. I had forgotten about it but am glad I did this. It reaffirmed my every feeling that I am on the right path.

2 comments:

Brighton said...

I love that!

kimba said...

Oooh I did that a couple of years ago too.. loved it :)

My little boy is now better than ever - he's been on anti-inflammatory and antibiotic tablets for 10 days (licks them straight out of my hand like a big brave dog) and he is looking better than ever and finally putting on weight.. seems he had a residual infection from when he was in the shelter that the three vets we took him to didn't pick up. He had a temp. and heat rash and couldn't put on weight - but now he is absolutely fine and with energy to burn!

Thanks for asking.. my god I am a crazy dog lady..