21 July 2009

weather outlook

It appears an invasion is set to occur here at Stepford. You may find yourself thinking What is this girl talking about? An invasion? in Central Texas?

Yes, an invasion, otherwise known as my parents coming to visit. They arrived last November as a complete and utter surprise. This time I have received prior notice. I am happy with the arrival of 2/3 of the parties - my father and my Juju. However, the other third of the equation, the little black rain cloud, my mother is the one I am dreading.

I am not in the mood for the little black rain cloud to position it's negativity over Stepford. Everything is a complaint. Everything is wrong. The damn glass is always half empty and a bit dirty too. I am not in the frame of mind to deal with it. I have already started laying out the boundaries that she will surely ignore, but I have set the stage.

But how do you tell your mother to stay home as only 2/3 of the family equation is welcome. Just like the age old question of how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop... the world may never know.

No comments: