16 August 2006

Feeling Blah

Drive. Motivation. Gone Daddy Gone.

My life is filled with the ho-hum of blahness. Think it has a lot do to with being extremely burnt out. I am tired of being responsible for everything (including things I cannot/do not control) and having zero authority.

Have zero motivation to go to the gym. However, luckily I have not been hungry the past few days. Of course, the fat does not magically disappear off my ass.

I need to get out of the house more. But without a traditional office to find camaraderie in, it is not easy. Past friends have gone other ways - they are on the mommy track, I am not. No one to call up and say "meet me for a drinkie-poo." They have other things that take precedence - kids needing to be cared for and fed.

My few really good friends live out of state. Again, they are great friends but not physically here equals no after work debauchery.

So where do I go? What do I do? I am in desperate need of a social life!! It does not help that I am not an extrovert. I just cannot go out and randomly speak to people - I try but it is just not me.

I feel like I am in a weird place in my life because I did not chose a "traditional" path. Here I am at 32's doorstep, unmarried, no children, successful and still haven't found others like me. There has to be one or two kindred spirits out there. But. Must. Leave. House. To. Find. Friends.

Easier said than done.

No comments: