23 August 2012

grill on

Monday night has long passed and I still find myself in a rather dizzy place. The electricity between us is crazy. From the moment Mr. Manners and I first locked eyes that special instantaneous feeling, inkling I've only ever felt with The Southern Gentleman made its presence very much known, teetering on palpable. 

When he arrived at my threshold, Mr. Manners was dressed casual chic in his jeans and button down with flip flops and aviators. Oh the man can dress. I asked if he'd like a glass of wine before heading off to the store. He immediately said yes as he'd had a crazy day. Following me into the kitchen, Mr. Manners commented that he could see why I wanted to remodel my kitchen. We talked through my plans as the wine opened. I then took him on the grand tour of the house. 

We settled on the couch and he moved to be closer to me. Getting caught up on both of our busy weekends was fun. Off we went to the grocery store to pick up dinner. A few beef kabobs, chicken kabobs, green and red bell peppers, onion, avocados, and ice cream. The man opened the car door for me when we left the grocery. 

Back at my place, I peeled and prepped the avocados as a snack with a bit of sea salt sprinkled on top. He watched me intently. As I had suspected, this date contained several test elements for him. Of course, my poor little single gal's grill was a bit of a disappointment to him as there is no top rack. We worked well together. I like that I don't feel forced to make an effort. Everything simply flows. At least for me, my days of "being on my best behavior" are over; my philosophy is here I am, no surprises, take me or leave me but I am going to just be me. Throughout dinner preparation, Mr. Manners could occasional come over and kiss me. Oh la la. 

We enjoyed dinner al fresco under the stars. Just as we finished, rain began to fall so we went inside where he sat close to me on the couch and we finished our wine. 

We talked about so much the entire evening and I honestly find it scary at how on par we are with each other. Too many of my must haves on my proverbial list have been marked off with Mr. Manners. I find myself conflicted - too early to be bouncing off the walls but trying to keep the harsh cynic contained. Yet another fine line to delicately walk. 

I walked him out to his car where we kissed on the sidewalk like teenagers with raging hormones. The look in his eyes was so sincere the entire evening.  

Afterwards, I spoke with a good friend and she stated that the fact he didn't try to get in my pants demonstrates that he really likes me. When I think about it, I don't remember a man not trying to get it on after one date. We giggled at yet another reason why he truly is Mr. Manners.

1 comment:

Carla said...

I agree with your friend.
And I agree with you .. be yourself.
Relax and enjoy the dance.

Hope all continues to go well.