24 January 2013

deep blue

This week I was fortunate to work in the southeast. Ah, the view from my hotel room is amazing as is the view from the office. I look out the window and see nothing but water. It is beautiful. I have always wanted to live by the sea. Always.

Even though Austin is land locked, the Colorado River runs through the middle of town, so I constantly received my fix of moving water. I loved that it was so accessible. I truly do miss not having that option so close.

Needless to say I planted myself by the window so I could soak in the endless blue. While the mountain view of home is nice, my soul resonates with the lapping of water.

2 comments:

Fiona said...

I can totally relate. I have only once lived AWAY from the sea and my soul just didn't feel right.

patsy said...

Of course, Fi, you live in one of the most beautiful places on earth! Lush green and water everywhere!