31 December 2008

perspective: endings/beginnings

I am feeling much better today. The sadness attached to his leaving has finally subsided and happiness has stepped back on the scene.

I needed a few days to process his holiday, to sort through my feelings. The immediate aftermath is always hard. My phone rang off the hook on Monday. I didn't answer or make a single call as I simply could not talk to anyone after the departure. My emotions were too raw.

A few days of cocooning were necessary for me though. I started writing up our time together. Simply chronicling and recording - seeing it on a page highlighted all the goodness that did occur.

With my perspective sorted, I am so ready for our huge party tonight! I am ready for 2009 to begin as I am sure this year will also be a wild ride... but anything less would be boring. As much as I hate my roller coaster life some days, I wouldn't change it for the world.

Edina has masterminded a brilliant plan for tonight. But paramount is that tonight I end 2008 and begin 2009 with some of the most important people in my life. I will be surrounded by many of the special blessings that Austin has given me. The past two years here have been pivotal in my life. So many of my dreams have come true down here. I look forward to another year of magic.

No comments: