25 July 2012

the revolving door

Remember the date I was supposed to have with Potential Suitor #1 last night? Well, it didn't happen. Mid-morning I received an email from Potential Suitor #1 where he babbled on about a contemplative weekend complete with decision that he's not ready to date.

While I sent a brief but gracious response, I can read through the lines of reasons he gave me and boy, was it a sentence packed paragraph! The "it's not you, it's me" boils down to he met someone else over the weekend. No reason to sugar coat anything for this girl!

Tonight I am meeting Potential Suitor #2. I did not think he would be game to meet me in a predominantly gay bar but it was an event I was attending anyway. Much to my disbelief, Potential Suitor #2 agreed (quickly too) to meet me there. We'll see what the story is on this monkey. Honestly kids, I am not expecting much.

This will be a one-hit-wonder that I will be happy to have behind me. A cocktail and a pleasant nice-to-meet-you-but-no-thanks. 

Now to cultivate Potential Suitors # 3, #4, and #5!

3 comments:

Fiona said...

Don't you sometimes wish men were more like women when it comes to communication!

Just say it like it is duuuuuude!

Good luck with 3, 4, 5 and it seems 2 hasn't hit any buttons yet. He's probably like many men, curious about a gay bar but not wanting to express that to his man-friends for a trip into one. You are safe to explore it with ;)

Keep on keeping on Patsy :)

Hugs

Fi
xxxx

Carla said...

I think we all sugar coat our reasons sometimes for backing out of a commitment when the simple truth would probably have been easier.

Good luck on the next one.

Kathy B said...

Nice to meet you! Stopping by to say Hi from the blog hop. Come visit sometime, tea is cold and no shoes are required. Kathy B. http://www.southernmadeintheshade.blogspot.com New follower
From Austin TX.