01 November 2008

Day One

November is always my favorite month. It is for many Americans because it marks fall, Thanksgiving, and the start to Christmas shopping. While I enjoy fall, I don't care for the holiday trappings. Never been fond of turkey and over the years Christmas has waned as well.

The reason I love November is simple - it's my birthday month! And since my day is early in the month, I always attempt to milk it for as long as possible.

Shortly I will be greeting 34. And I could not think of a better place to do it. Here. In the land of heat, humidity, and obligatory creepy-crawlies. But most importantly surrounded by my friends. My friends in a place where I have been the happiest ever.

Happy November!

1 comment:

Renaissance Woman said...

Happy November and birthday month to you!